LUMID has only one application round. The application period starts in late October and closes on January 15th.
Sending your application
All applications are to be submitted electronically before the deadline to: www.universityadmissions.se/. Note that you do not have to submit any document directly to Lund University.
2. Submit all supporting documents to University Admissions in Sweden so that they are received before the deadline. Documents can either be sent to the address: University Admissions in Sweden, FE 20102, SE–839 87 Östersund, SWEDEN OR, depending on the country you are from, you may be able to upload a scanned copy of your original documents on universityadmissions.se. Check the country-specific document rules for Master's studies before you submit the following documents:
- Cover sheet (printed from your online application)
- All official certificates, diplomas and transcripts that are required to prove you meet the admission requirements*. If you send copies of these documents by regular post they need to be certified. If you upload your documents you do not have to certify them; however, you need to make sure you scan the original documents
- Proof of English language skills (e.g. TOEFL or IELTS test)
- A copy of the page in your passport with your personal data and photograph (please scan the original if uploading your ID-documents to universityadmissions.se)
- Additional documents required by the LUMID programme, including:
- An updated CV including 2 references with names and contact details. There should be at least one academic and at least one professional reference. Recommendation letters are not required.
- A statement of Purpose (no more than 350 words, in English) explaining:
- your main interests within the field of development and management;
- your main reasons for applying to the LUMID programme;
- your expected benefit from the LUMID programme; and
- your future plan after completing the LUMID programme.
*If you are applying to a Master's programme and have studied you entire Bachelor's programme in Sweden and all your academic credits are registered in Ladok, you do not have to submit any transcripts or your diploma when applying.
Applicants must have finished their Bachelor´s degree with the minimum of 180 credits before starting the LUMID programme.
The programme values diversity of disciplines and thus applicants are not required to have a certain undergraduate major.
All teachings and examinations of the programme are conducted in English. Applicant must therefore demonstrate English B (advanced) language proficiency in one of the following ways:
- IELTS score of 6.5 (with no section less than 5.5)
- TOEFL paper-based score of 4.5 (scale 1-6) in written test and a total score of 575; internet based score of 20 (scale 0-30) in written test and a total score of 90
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English
- A Bachelor’s degree from a university where English is the only language of instruction, according to the International Handbook of Universities
- A pass on English course B (Swedish upper secondary school).
For a full list of English language proficiency requirements and exemptions please check the university admissions website: www.universityadmissions.se/
For more information on the selection process and how you can prepare your application for a future admission round please read our FAQs.