Session M90: Marxism(s) in Geographic and Sustainability Research
Summary, in English
This impressive contribution has certainly not been monolithic. Therefore, it is important to have an intellectual debate about the different understanding of Marx’s economic theory and their different implications for the resistance in the face of the triple (economic, social/urban, and ecological) crises.
This session invites critical exploration of themes such as the following:
- Attempts at classifying different Marxisms in the fields of urban geography and sustainability studies;
- Critical appreciation of the legacy of celebrated Marxists in these fields;
- The implications of different Marxist approaches for activism and social movements in urban and sustainability issues;
- Innovative application of Marxian approaches and concepts in urban and sustainability studies.
This stream of sessions comprises of two panel sessions and one paper session.
- Department of Human Geography
Conference - other
- Social and Economic Geography
- Social Sciences Interdisciplinary
The 8th Nordic Geographers Meeting
2019-06-16 - 2019-06-19