Javascript is not activated in your browser. This website needs javascript activated to work properly.
You are here

Exchange studies

Study abroad and widen your perspectives

Through the department

If you are interested in studies abroad within the disciplines of Human Geography or Human Ecology, you can go on Erasmus exchange through our Department. As an Erasmus exchange student you can spend 3-12 months at one of our 12 partner university in Europe. 

Erasmus+ mobility programme

Erasmus+ mobility grant

Are you an ERASMUS incoming exchange student? Read more on how to apply as an exchange student and Pre-Arrival Guide for Exchange Students.

Through the faculty

If you are a student at our Department, you can apply for an exchange at the Faculty of Social Sciences.

Through the university

Application for exchange at University of California is sent separately with the deadline November 1st. 

Contact University of California Study Center at Lund University and receive more information about how to send your application.

Important Information

When you apply for studies abroad make sure that the amount and type of exchange courses corresponds to full-time studies at Lund University. 

Are you unsure about which partner university to choose? Would you like to know if teachers on a specific exchange course are good? Check the Study Abroad Report System STARS and read about experiences of your fellow students.

After you are admitted for exchange studies, make sure that your admission and registration as an exchange student is reported to Ladok. After you receive your grades for exchange courses, you should contact the student office or programme administrator in order to accredit your studies. 

If you are a student on Bachelor's in Development Studies, special rules apply to you: if you have questions about the Erasmus exchange at our Department, please contact the Faculty of Social Sciences at outgoing [at] sam [dot] lu [dot] se.

Study Abroad Opportunities

Internships via Erasmus


Page Manager:

Contact information

For incoming students:

incoming [at] sam [dot] lu [dot] se

For outgoing students:

outgoing [at] sam [dot] lu [dot] se

International Faculty Coordinator

How to apply for exchange studies: Step-by-step guide

The Department of Human Geography
and the Human Ecology Division

Address: Sölvegatan 10,
223 62 Lund
Phone: 046-222 17 59

Faculty of Social Sciences